The World’s #1 Brand of Composite from your local decking experts
For over 20 years, Trex has invented, defined and perfected the composite deck category with a lineup of low-maintenance, high-performance and eco-friendly products that fundamentally changed the way we live outdoors. With Trex Decking products, you can spend your weekends relaxing on your Deck, rather than repairing it. POCO Building Supplies proudly offers a full range of Trex® products, from entry level Trex Select® (Good) to mid-range Trex Enhance® (Better) and industry-leading Trex Transcend® (Best) Decking, that mimics the look of rich hardwoods, without the annual maintenance. With several colours in-stock, we can deliver your new deck in as little as 24 hours, with non-stock Trex Decking colours available within 3-5 days.
Why Build with Trex?
You could build your deck with any number of materials. But why would you, when Trex Decking and railing consistently out-deck wood and the wannabes?
the trex commitment
TREX TRANSCEND (BEST)
Trex Transcend® decking features a deep wood-grain pattern and luxury colours, creating a premium, timeless look that leaves other composites in the dust. Hassle free, it requires no sanding, no staining, no painting – ever. Not to mention, simple, gentle, soap-and-water cleanup. Trex Transcend® decking is fade, stain, scratch and mould resistant, maintaining its vibrant colour and luxurious finish. Come scorching sun or red-wine spill, thanks to its three-sided shell protection and manufacturers 25-Year Limited Residential Fade & Stain Warranty, Trex Transcend® is built to withstand whatever your family can throw at it. And with 95% recycled material in every board (that’s almost the whole thing) you can feel good about the great outdoors. GROOVED DECKING: 1×6 – 12′, 16′ and 20′ lengths SOLID DECKING: 1×6 – 20′ lengths only TRIM: 1×8 Riser Board and 1×12 Fascia Boards – 12′ lengths only
TREX ENHANCE (BETTER)
Trex Enhance® is a low-maintenance, high-performance composite that offers all the charm of classic earthy shades and none of the trouble of real wood. With its high-definition grain pattern and classic colour options, Enhance features a rich, sophisticated finish at a value that only adds to its appeal. No outdoor living space is complete without railing that perfectly captures its surroundings. With Trex Enhance® Decking, you can mix and match with all of our Trex Railing lines, allowing you to create a completely custom look. Enhance—like all Trex Decking – is made of recycled materials, from reclaimed wood and sawdust to plastic packaging. No rainforests are being harvested to manufacture Trex Decking. In fact, Trex Company have never cut down a single tree. GROOVED DECKING: 1×6 – 12′, 16′ and 20′ lengths SOLID DECKING: 1×6 – 20′ lengths only TRIM: 1×8 Riser Board and 1×12 Fascia Boards – 12′ lengths only
TREX SELECT (GOOD)
With such an easy design scheme, Trex Select® Decking and Railing adds our legendary luxury to your home more affordable than ever. While Select decking features our hallmark high-performance shell technology and nature-inspired colours, the complementary white railing is a simple solution for a clean finish. Now more than ever, you can complete your high-calibre outdoor living system without compromise. GROOVED DECKING: 1×6 – 12′, 16′ and 20′ lengths SOLID DECKING: 1×6 – 20′ lengths only TRIM: 1×8 Riser Board and 1×12 Fascia Boards – 12′ lengths only
VISIBILITY AND EXPOSURE
Trex spends millions of dollars each year on advertising that generates referrals for TrexPro builders who are promoted in consumer literature, on Trex social sites and at trex.com. A profile page on trex.com gives you the opportunity to showcase your company to interested prospects in your market. You can also register your customer’s warranty on their behalf right on trex.com. Each TrexPro builds an average “star rating” which is posted in the contractor search section on trex.com. Individual ratings and reviews are posted on your TrexPro profile page. Trex sends a Welcome Kit to your customer on your behalf. Included in that kit is a survey your customers can return summarizing their experience with your company. You also receive complimentary leads and referrals from trex.com and through 1-800-BUY-TREX.
HOW TO BECOME A TREXPRO:
- Contact Trex at 1-800-BUY-TREX or click here to request a TrexPro application. A Trex sales representative will contact you. You’ll need to provide a state contractor’s license (where applicable) and proof of current general liability insurance to state-required levels or a minimum of $200,000.
- Attend an information session held by a Trex sales representative or Trex distributor.
- Build three decks with Trex Decking, including one with Trex railing, in accordance with our specifications and have it reviewed by a Trex sales representative.
- Upon successful completion, you will be designated a TrexPro builder and receive support from Trex. Your company’s information will be listed on trex.com where you will receive exposure to potential clients and leads and referrals.
Trex® Grooved Decking can be installed with a Hidden Fastener Clip which attaches the deck plank to the joists with no visible screw heads on the walking surface. Clips are also self-gapping, creating consistent spacing between the boards for a flawless look across the entire deck.
- Trex Universal Hidden Fastener – This self-gapping hardware is the main fastener component that attaches two boards together. It features a stainless steel screw already set in the fastener for increased durability and easier installation.
- Trex Start-Stop Clip – These are black, stainless steel fasteners designed exclusively for Trex and used to install first or last row around the perimeter of your deck.
- Trex Groove Cutter – Traditional square edge boards require traditional deck screws for installation; however, using a Trex groove cutter routes the necessary underside groove into any traditional board to accommodate our hidden fastening system. Can be used on any Trex board.
Starborn® Cap-Tor® XD screws are specifically designed to provide a clean, smooth and uniform finish for both Composite and PVC decking. Cap-Tor® XD screws are approved for use with all major deck brands. Cap-Tor xd screws feature extra deep star drive recesses, undercut heads, reverse threads, tri-lobular shanks, Type 17 auger tips, and are available with either a color matched, epoxy-based polymer resin coating or in color matched Headcote® stainless steel (both Grades 305 and 316).
The Deckfast® Fascia System is designed to accommodate a large amount of expansion and contraction that can occur with many Composite and PVC deck fascia boards. The pre-drilling tool creates an over-sized hole for the Fascia Screw, so that the fascia board hangs from the screw and can expand and contract without putting a large amount of force on the fastener.