Do you have what it takes To build something special with us?
POCO Building Supplies is a small business, with under 50 full-time employees. As a workforce, we share a strong togetherness and work ethic that resonates throughout our business. This provides our loyal customer base with consistent support and helpful advice for the Products and Services relating to our Construction & Renovation industry.
Established in 1921 and still owned by the Galer family, we are BIG on family values and this extends to every employee we hire. We expect our employees to treat our loyal customers as an extension of our own family. It’s a community spirit that’s spanned four-generations of family ownership and one that’s evident as soon as you walk through our doors.
If you possess an excellent work ethic and a friendly, helpful demeanour and you think you have what it takes to succeed in our fast-paced work environment, send us your resume. We’ll consider you for any positions we have available now or in the future. Current vacancies we are looking to fill are listed below.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 3 BC Drivers License
- Valid BC Crane Operators Certification
- Clean Drivers License
The successful applicant should possess:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Capability of staying under pressure
- Capacity to shift gears – both figuratively in the driving sense and abstractly during peak seasons where an increase in trade demands more from everyone.
basic job description
Full-Time Truck & Crane Operator. This is a Teamsters Union position
Wages are set through Teamsters Union Contract. All Truck & Crane Operators are compensated the same regardless of seniority.
- Extended Health & Dental after 3-month probation period
- 2 weeks paid vacation