Vista Railings Aluminium Deck Railings are EASY to install!
The entire Vista Railings Aluminium railing system is designed to be simple to assemble and engineered to be installed quickly and easily with professional results. On this page, we can get you started on a Tools List, Step by Step Instructions, and a detailed check list on ‘Things to Check During Installation’. Read on…
Before you start – you will need the following tools:
- Hacksaw or 10″ Mitre Saw with thin (Kerf) Blade
- Electric Drill
- 1/8″ and 3/16″ Drill Bits
- 3/8″ and 1/2″ Hex Head Driver
- No.2 Square Screwdriver
- Measuring Tape
- Neutral Cure Silicone for exterior purposes
- Rubber Mallet
Building codes may vary. Always comply with all applicable building codes. Please ensure to check your local building codes and building permit requirements prior to installation. Please check areas to be drilled are free from utilities, services and hazards.
Step by Step Instructions
Use the interactive guide and installation brochures along with screw placement information provided to assist you with your Vista Railings aluminum railing installation.
Things to Check During Installation
- Before installing Vista Railings Residential Aluminum Deck Railings, please ensure to check your local building codes and building permit requirements prior to installation. Building codes may vary. Always comply with all applicable building codes. Please check areas to be drilled are free from utilities, services and hazards. Failure to follow these instructions could result in serious injury or death!
- When installing over a vinyl membrane material, please read product specific details for deck railing attachment. It may be recommended to fill the screw holes on a post with a neutral cure silicone to prevent water from penetrating the membrane at the screw connections.
- Remember to drill a 3/16″ hole every two to three feet in the bottom rail to allow water to escape. If using pickets this will need to be done after installing the picket gasket.
- Ensure that the picket gasket material is installed in the top and bottom rails. If pickets rattle and move easily, you have forgotten to insert the gasket in the top & bottom rails.
- If installing a 36 inch aluminum railing system, please remember the installation instructions reference 42 inch railings. Measurements will need to be adjusted accordingly.
- Double check to ensure that all the screws are in the appropriate places. (as per the Vista Railings Residential Deck Railing Assembly instructions) especially at the bottom rail connections.
- Remember to purchase Base Plate Covers to hide the post mounting screws. This is a great finishing detail to the deck. (available for 2″ posts and 2-1/2″ posts).